We’re living in an age when wine clubs and wine tastings are only a short distance from where we live. Everyone seems to be on the “wine bandwagon.” wine gift baskets can be the answer to your gift-giving dilemmas for any occasion. If you know which wines certain people appreciate, add them to a basket with cheese, crackers, nuts and a “gourmet” opener. This articles gives you some ideas for creating or purchasing beautiful baskets for the vino lovers in your life.
You can find a variety of both expensive and non-expensive wines available online, making your shopping simple and time-saving.
Here are Some Great Ideas to Plump Up Your Wine Gift Baskets:
- Around the World – Choose one or two great Italian wines – perhaps a Chianti and a Pinot Grigio – add some pasta and Italian spices and you’ve got the perfect gift for that lover of “all things Italian” on your list. Or, you can mix it up with French, Italian and some California wines and add chocolates, a decanter and/or a couple of pretty glasses.
- Luxury – gift basket that denotes luxury can be filled with such delights as reserved wines from famous vineyards, Godiva chocolates, caviar, truffles and special olives or spreads for crackers. Those with refined palates will treasure this basket of gourmet pleasures.5th Avenue Gift Basket
- Whimsical – Add a touch of whimsy to your gift basket by choosing wines with unusual labels such as “No Fine Print” Cabernet Sauvignon or “Mad Housewife” Merlot. Add some items like a unique decanter or corkscrew. An innovative wine rack is always a fun gift to include.
- Memories – Do you have a favorite wine from a favorite region that brings back special memories? Include a bottle or two of the memorable bottles along with other items that will bring back memories, such as a photo of your sharing bottle with the recipient. If you have a friend who collect corks but doesn’t know what to do with them, add a cork kit to the gift basket. Some websites have eco-friendly kits to preserve all special memories forever.
- Wine Lovers Basket – Whomever you choose to send a wine gift basket made up of wines from a favorite vineyard from Sterling to Coppola will toast to your good health. Add some dark chocolate, honey mustard pretzels, salami and cheese and they’ll have an occasion to celebrate.
Wine gift baskets are always a thoughtful and appreciated gift for those who live the “good life.” You can spend as little or as much as you like, adding items as small as a fancy corkscrew or as large as a wine refrigerator to keep the accompanying wine at the perfect temperature. There are so many wonderful wine options available to you, (red, white, blush, sparkling, etc.) now that you can include in the wine gift baskets that you send to that special person or people in your life. What a lovely gift to send!